UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 01, 2013

NEW TAG: The One and Only

beauty tag if you could only have one beauty item what would you pick

Since I started blogging, I've seen a number of other beauty bloggers start really interesting TAGS and over the last few weeks I slowly thought up one of my own. It was in part inspired by a lot of the 'Travel make-up bag' posts that I've read which always make me think about what I would take away with me if I had very limited space. This idea got me thinking, if I could only have one of every beauty product what products would I end up with? Well, the idea of narrowing my collection down to just one of everything started to really obsess me and with a lot of time and thought I made my beauty picks and The One and Only TAG was born. The point of this TAG is to get an insight into your absolute beauty staples . There can be no wavering, only one product from each category can be chosen and the result should be a capsule collection that you could live with if you had to.


The Question: If you could only have one ______ what would it be? And, in a few words, why?



Primer 
Benefit's The POREfessional Primer - Simply because I can use this all over my face unlike my beloved Tea Tree Pore Minimiser. And this Benefit Primer really helps my make-up last all day, no matter what the weather is like.

Base Product
Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation - I haven't found my perfect foundation yet but I do really love this foundation. It can be applied very lightly or built up and with a primer (and sometimes with powder too) it lasts very well on me.

Concealer
Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer - This isn't the best concealer in the world but it can be used under the eyes and over any blemishes elsewhere making it very multi-functional. Plus, the colour works really well for me, better than the Collection concealers.

Powder
Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder - I'm not going to argue that this is the best powder in the world either, but it is durable (I've dropped mine endlessly and it hasn't broken) and it really helps set my make-up. If you're a clutz like me then this baby won't let you down.

Blush (cream or powder)
Dainty Doll Powder Blush 004, Orange County Girl - As much as I love cream blush I think a powder blush would be more versatile and will fit with the rest of my beauty choices better. This shimmery coral shade is really pretty and would work well with a lot of other my make-up choices.

Bronzer
Benefit '10'- This was one of the harder choices but this shade is universally flattering across a whole host of make-up looks and I can wear it in both winter and summer (I would use this to contour more than 'bronze').

Highlighter
Benefit '10' - I've been using this highlighter for years and years and I really like it! Plus, two products in one (bronzer and highlighter) makes my capsule collection even more compact.

Make-Up Brush (single)
The Real Techniques Buffing Brush - This was a hard one to pick because I do rely on brushes for most of my make-up application. However, I came to the conclusion that I would always want my base to look flawless and that I could mostly 'wing' everything else. 

Eyebrow Product
The Body Shop Brow Definer in Blonde&Auburn - Being the only brow product I tend to reach for daily this was an easy choice. It lasts well, is my perfect colour and doesn't break the bank.

Eye shadow (single)
No.7 Stay Perfect Eye Shadow in shade 65 (truffle) - I love this colour and it is the shade I wear the most. It looks good by itself swept across the lid and if I had to only wear one colour for the rest of my life it would be this one.

Eyeliner
Mac Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner Crayon in Lord it Up - This is not the sensible option because this is a glitzy bronze shade that is strictly 'evening' friendly. However, the formula is eyeliner perfection and it lasts on me insanely well. Ladies and gentlemen, this is hands down my 'one and only' when it comes to eyeliners.

Mascara
MaxFactor False Lash Effect (Waterproof, Black) - Repurchased at least six times this is the trustiest mascara I know. The wand is small and easy to work with and I think it lives up to it's name, I wouldn't choose anything else!

Lipstick, Lip Gloss or Lip Stain
Mac Lipstick in Syrup - A very new addition to my collection but it is insanely flattering and could be worn both day and night. I love the lustre formula too, it offers the satisfaction of a lipstick but the lightness of a gloss. The perfect middle ground really.

Lip Liner
The Body Shop Lip Line Fixer - Although not strictly necessary given my lipstick choice this is the only lip liner I would ever need. It is clear and can therefore be used with any and all lipsticks, it's definitely something I'd recommend to anyone interested in lipsticks.

Lip Balm
Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm - Perhaps this isn't a surprise given how much I've raved about it in the past. However, it was a close call between this and Nivea's Essential Lip Balm which for unexplained reasons has a place very close to my heart.

Nail Polish
Any Clear Polish - Brandless or branded, I would opt for a shiny, clear nail polish. I don't think I could love just one colour at all times but I am always fan of neat, shiny nails.


It took a lot of though but those were my answers! What would yours be?
 I TAG everyone who is interested in sharing their One and Only's to do this TAG (and to kindly link back to this, the original One And Only, post if you could).

To get the ball rolling, I am specifically going to TAG:


If you do this TAG please do send me the link either in a comment here or on twitter (@onelittlevice) so that I can share it!


Share:

9 comments

  1. Ooh I've never done a tag, I must start! I agree with the max factor mascara I think they do the best mascaras!

    www.beautyangel.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tag! i would love to do this, looks fun! xo

    http://teenagebeauty01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good tag! Great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!
    I'll definitely do it

    xx Annie

    annieleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this is a great tag! I think I shall do it and schedule it for this month :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Real Techniques buffing brush! In fact, I love all of their brushes! I think I would find it hard to choose one foundation though, there are so many good ones to choose from!

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this tag today! Loved it! Great job on creating it :)
    industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I googled that No. 7 eye shadow, and it looks amazing.
    Such a good tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a lot of fun doing this tag at http://vanityroseofficial.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/the-one-and-only-tag/

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig